A fantastic couple of days nicely summarised by Anne Knock.
A brilliant bringing together of essential goals in education, matched to powerful methods of education for this age. It has opened up my mind to the means of unleashing creativity in children. (Participant)
What happens when you take 60 educators, turn traditional PD on its head and then let them loose to learn?
It’s engaging, inspiring and overwhelming.
What happens when professional learning looks like good students learning?
It becomes collaborative, creative, crowd-sourced and challenging.
What a buzz! Community of practice re-imagining the future! #mim2012
A few key principles that shaped our planning:
- design principles in the development of content
- presenting PD within a new paradigm
- crowd sourcing professional learning
- providing an open learning environment for adult learners
- being highly relational in the approach
Anne says “We…
View original post 565 more words